Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Free is good.

Sadie's new stove. Cost: a little creativity.

This is my microwave cart. I backed it with cardboard which I wrapped with gift wrap. I thumbtacked it to the microwave cart legs. The stove top is made out of the underside of two foam place mats either spray glued or thumbtacked into place. The IKEA art to the left was something I had picked up a few months ago. The play pots and pans I picked up at Goodwill a few weeks ago (they cost about $10 at IKEA or Cost Plus World Market). I screwed in hooks on either side of the cart to hang the pots and pans and utensils. The burners were made out of foam shelf liner, spray painted gray with old gray primer from the garage. Unfortunately, the burners were the first thing Sadie destroyed, so I used a sharpie to add them back underneath. I hung a little wash rag for a dishtowel, too.





What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. love it! great idea and i bet sadie loves doing what you're doing. when are you going to make her a computer station?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius.... Way to go Emily. I love it. Dish towel hanging was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete